Wahoo... I am back, I know how you all missed me so. Good news, more blogs, bad news more blogs. I have a new job, with a new office, with a new door, which means............... I can close people out! So if you like it or not, doesn't matter because I will be writing more!
On to the good stuff:
This weekend was the cross town series in Chicago. For those of you not from Chicago and can't seem to infer the meaning from above, the cross town series means the Cubs vs. the Socks. The Cubs won :). This year it was held in our hood at Wrigley Field. Making my neighborhood a prime location for people watching.
On Saturday night we went to the infamous Cubby Bear, a favorite post game hangout. My favorite cover band of all time Wedding Banned was playing there and I wasn't about to let a couple of hoodlums and yuppies scare me away. And despite what both teams fans say, socks fans are straight up hoodlums and cubs fans are straight up yuppies, neither wins in my mind. As we looked around the room waiting for the band to appear. We watched as two socks fans decked out in their sideways hates with all the tags still on (don't get it) did a little head bob to Eminem. All the yuppies around them looked in disgust. Soon after some Kelly Clarkson tune came on and sure enough the yuppie girls were screaming and jumping while one of the sox's buddies imitated shooting himself in the head with his fingers. The night was going to get interesting.
And it did, Wedding Banned appeared on stage, (check to see if they are coming to your town because they are amazing), and rocked a great set. By the end of it, the sox boys and the cubby's girls were making out, now how is that for a cross town peace treaty.
Ok off to work, I leave for LA in less the 24 hours so I better get cooking.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment