Monday, October 8, 2007

Its 95* in October and you are asking me why I am irritated

Need air conditioning now... This is one of the many downsides of being an urbanite- the ac window unit. Perhaps I am cheap, but I can only afford one and lets face it I couldn't pay for two to be running and my turn of the century apartments wiring would probably explode. Therefore, I lack sleep because my fan sounds like a train coming through my room and I am not hot to function.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest, now onto a few highlights of the past three weeks: Went to three states, moved into my very own place, spent a chunk of change and oh yeah faked an Irish accent to get free drinks on Friday night.

I went to Seattle, I am in love, would move there in a heartbeat. Everyone says the same thing, what about the rain? I lived in Ireland for 6 months, rain does not bother me, extreme heat with no ac is another thing. So much more to talk about so little time.

My job is awesome, I will be the first to admit that. I travel to different states and throw parties, then I come back to my office and plan how to spend the next portion of my budget. I work hard, sometimes long hours, but who else gets to jet set across this beautiful country accumulating frequent flyer miles that will be used to travel outside this country for a job. If I didn't have to move (with no car) and get ready for my Brother's upcoming marriage (a week from Saturday) I would be so stressed out. Also the damn heat... its killing me smalls.

This is Chicago, shouldn't there be snow on the ground. I am going to start believing Al Gore, so mother nature prove him wrong now or forever hold your peace. (Is it piece or peace.... hmmm never thought about it). While I waited, I passed my time in an air-conditioned bar on Friday night faking an Irish accent so dumb prepsters would buy me drinks. It worked. I felt bad, but only a little. Will post a photo blog soon, with the ultimate fighters from my last post, Seattle pics and of course wedding shots.



Until then watch "Business Time" from Flight of the Concords to make you feel better... (Thanks BM)

No comments: