Wednesday, November 7, 2007

traveling.... and more traveling

Long time no talk. Hmm... whats happened since my last installment. Well I fell out of a lawn chair, got promoted, and watched my big brother get hitched (In other words the boring life of an early 20 something). Oh and of course Halloween. This year I dressed up as Debbie Harry not quite as good as last years brit brit but pretty good. I was debating between Tammy Fae, Suri Cruise and Debbie Harry. I think Tammy Fae would have been a hit. Oh well, there is always next year, or next costume party.
KC, Beth and I were thinking about doing a costume party for our birthday (6 months away, but can never plan too soon). I am thinking we should do our favorite childhood cartoon character (It would be a toss up between Shera and Smurfette for me). The idea of throwing an office party where you dress up like a coworker was also brought up. I think that could have some potential as well. (Elaine... oh that would be the sweet comeuppance I have been waiting for.)

Hilarity has been toned down quite a bit as I have been working my butt off and traveling like a crazy person. Frequent flyer miles wahoo. Although most of them are Southwest so I would be stuck in the United States. I kind of hate the fact I love my job, I know that sounds strange, but it really holds me here. I always thought at this time in my life I would be traveling the world and in between jaunts living off my parents like every other early 20 something does in this country. There is a feeling of pride that I am not doing that, I am a very well employed 24 year old, who lives in a great city, in her own place, with great friends. But at the same time I think we all have thoughts of abandoning responsibility, throwing caution into the wind, and traveling this crazy world looking to find ourselves.
The idea of finding myself has been bugging me for the past month or so, I spend a lot of alone reflection time, which I try to distract myself from through horrible "reality" tv such as the Hills. Instead I find myself at that classic crossroad of twenty-dom, I find myself living a life that I really feel like I have no power over. Its almost as if falling out of a lawn chair, pissed to high heavens, is my act of rebellion as I am lead down this life track. Who knows, maybe I should just accept my good fortune and make the best of the hand dealt to me. A lot of people are way worse off in this world, I just need to suck it up and realize that I am doing good things, even if it wasn't what I thought I would be doing. Ok enough of that, here are a montage if you will of pictures of the past few weeks to give you a insight to the insanity:The Bride and Groom
Cory and had a little too much fun at the wedding.Abigail as Bjork... Priceless...

More fun photos to come. My internet is being a bitch.

P.S. I may or may not have made out with a guy dressed up like batman on the dance floor at smart bar... I may or may not have found out his name is don and he is an accountant and then told him I had to leave immediately. This is all hypothetical of course.

1 comment:

and hilarity ensued said...

Turns out Don wasn't an accountant. It was way more interesting... I won't admit why though. haha.