Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ode to a snow day... or lack there of...

This morning I awoke to a lovely blizzardy day in Chicago. Then I remembered despite schools being off, offices being closed, I was a real adult and snow days were no longer a benefit I enjoyed. After layering and suiting up I arrived at the bus stop. As we all stood huddled in the small shelter the snow plow came barrelling down the street, leaving in its wake about 15 people soaked in dirty slush from head to toe. I laughed hysterically, its what I do in those situations, and a woman turned around and in a snotty tone said "oh you think this is hilarious do you" and I replied with a simple "yes as a matter of fact I do". I then thought to myself "can't it be spring already, damn ground hog always lying to me!"

1 comment:

Helen E said...

Way to show her! Laugh all you want. What a moron.