My title may slightly reflect my current frustration, as this week proves to be a true test to my Lenten promise, but all in all this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. This change in lifestyle, a little less partying, a lot more relaxation time, and gravitating myself towards more positive people and things in my life is proving to be tough but worth it.
Last night all I really wanted to do was relax and watch what is now one of my favorite TV Shows the Black Donnellys. Although I did watch it, I spent most of the time on the phone deflecting the ever present drama that seems to dog my new lifestyle. Its hard to be the honest friend, who was sober at events, who remembers things. Anyways a friend of mine (we will call him johnny drama) loves drama, and makes a spectacle of every situation. He screwed over my good friend, so I told her, and johnny drama decided to make what could have been a quick problem a huge one.
Needless to say I was pissed off, I just wanted to watch the freakin TV show (might I add Tommy Donnelly is my ideal, seriously could not have created a more perfect picture of the type I go for). Except for the whole killing thing... but that's besides the point I digress..
I ended the conversation throwing my hands up in defeat and wanted to crack open a cold one (which I did not). What we have established here is we have a boy who loves drama, a one who is too honest for his own sake, and one who is a complete wiener and scurries around kissing drama's butt. They make my girls and I look down right butch! The fact of the matter is I couldn't agree more with the writers of the Black Donnellys on the following quote:
“The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotypes.... People think we’re all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you want to do is get drunk and punch somebody.” -Joey "Ice Cream"
Sometimes all you want to do is get drunk and punch somebody, which is exactly what I wanted to do. Instead I will focus on the continued debacle which is this image reform in hopes that hilarity will ensue at some point soon!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Next blog title: Babes in Chi-town, the Adventures of Peg and Ann.
Post a Comment