
My brother and I at his Engagement Party
Waaawah... Sorry about the latest delay... Blame it on the large volume of incredibly hilarious things that have been happening in my life lately.
Where to begin ahhh: Boobies, Snoopy on a Plane, and other greatest hits.
Every Thursday as of late we have continued our love of open mics by hitting one up at Murphy's Bleachers right across from Wrigley Field. This people, is live entertainment. I do not know this songstress's name but what I do know is she has some serious tricks up her sleeves starting with her choice of instruments. She starts out her set with this dinky guitar, it kind of looks like those old cowboy guitars for young children. She steps up to the plate and in all seriousness begins her intro: "Hi y'all I am going to sing you a little song about a recent trip I had, I was on a plane on my way back from Iowa and had an empty seat next to me. I sat my snoopy doll down next to me (this woman is easily 35) and thought to myself I am going to write a song about this adventure. bad choice lady. Its like live American Idol people, that bad kind. She then with a dead straight face (that creepy I am psycho face) says my next song is written about something I truly love. (A boyfriend, a dog, hey that snoopy dog you say...) boobies." With that I almost fell out of my seat. After her lovely second original piece and when I thought it could not get any better.... oh wait... whats that she is pulling out.... oh yes a Clarinet.... the crazy is playing a Clarinet at a freaking open mic. I had to excuse myself, saying as I don't like to be mean outside of this blog.
After that I knew I was in for an eventful time: Next up the shit show known to some as the Super Bowl. Eh hmm.. the Super Bowl a night of endless athleticism and spirit, where the best compete against the best....... oh and people get shitfaced. Especially Chicago Bears fans, which sometimes I pretend to be. This year we decided to ditch the boys and have our own Super Bowl adventure. I with my super-fan shirt inscribed with a picture of a super fan and daaaa bears. My roommate with her cut up (to make it more cute) division championship shirt.. oh and a lot of things that end up with the word bomb. O-bombs, Cherry Bombs, oh and the beloved and curse Jaeger Bombs. Needless to say I don't really know the final score, or for that matter when the game ended and how we got to the next bar, what I do remember is dancing to hip hop (oh yes the Irish catholic white girl breakin it down) and my roommate cracking her eye on a cab door. Oh the Super Bowl.
Lastly, but not by any means the least my brother's engagement party. I don't know how many times I stated my age, occupation, and relationship status that night but what I do know is I remained entirely too sober for the event. Not to say I didn't make up for it once the party ended. Highlights: Seeing one of my best friend Karen so shit canned she fell off a bar (she never drinks), My brother wanting to have a heart to heart over shots of whiskey, lots of drunk hugging, oh and the highlight when the groom accidentally tackled the bride off a bar stool in an attempt to hug her (crazy kids). Needless to say the next day when my mother (the saint that she is) picked me up in the same clothes I was wearing the night before (I was at my brothers house people... I am not that bad...) and my mom yells out the window with the neighbor standing right there "this must be embarrassing having to call your mother to pick you up because you didn't sleep in your bed last night". Thus, once again affirming why at this point in my life I cannot move home.
This Picture was taken shortly before Joe tackled Kate: Look at his face...

With all of this said I have an important announcement to make: I am giving up drinking for lent (with the exception of St. Patrick's Day Week) yes week people. What, how, why you might ask. I don't know but you can all start placing your bets to how long I will last. Call me lohan, but a lot of people don't believe in my sobriety. On a truly sober note: http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/red-020807-binge-main,0,2360045.story?coll=red-slideshow Maybe all the 21-25 year olds in Chicago should join me in this quest for sobriety.
My favorite Picture: My mother and Joe#2 slow dancing at the engagement party. Classic Peg move.
No comments:
Post a Comment