Monday, March 19, 2007

I've been a wild rover for many a year...

The rest of that Irish tune goes: And I spent all my money on whisky and beer. That is in fact how one could describe the weekend. However I did not drink all that much for a change (I did buy lots of beer and whisky just not for myself).


First up Vanessa's 21st Birthday. Vanessa turned 21 finally! She is the baby of our group of friends and I was so excited to celebrate her birthday with her. Jeanie made her the traditional shot book and we were on our way. Little did I know that she would be so successful to fill her shot book that she would be home at 11:30 (not long after a 20 minute discussion on how she could not stand up and therefore not go into the bar.) On the upswing during the debate I must have impressed the bouncer (oh so cute Brandon) who I have a date with next weekend.

Next up and after we put Vanessa in a cab for the second time. She got out of the first one a block away and came back to the bar. (I have to give her points for being resilient). I was able to see my good friend Chava and his band Mellowtronic preform at Gojangles in Chicago. You should check out their profile on myspace music. They have a great sound and a truly fantastic stage presence.



And lastly as you all know there was this little holiday Saturday that I had been getting pumped about for months. Like a kid who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas, this years St. Paddy's was not one to write home about. However I did have a blast with my favorite girls Vanessa (who had rebounded like a champ from the previous night) and Katie G. Shoe couldn't make it due to a sprained knee and too much vodka at her pre-party festivities. It was nice to see all my Kelly's Pub friends and to have some beers and relax.
I am back on the sober train and going sticking to my promise. Only 18 more days of lent, I think I can do it. I have a new addiction March Madness, I am kicking ass and taking names #1 in all my pools, it helps to be sober when making your picks apparently.


No comments: