Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A day at the races... well sort of.

So last night as noted I attended a Lost watch party at a local bar. What I failed to remember until I was literally sitting there 3 hours early with a miller lite (it was a special, not my choice) that this bar was in fact an off track betting establishment. So as I waited for Kiera I surveyed the scene, and boy was it a scene. The split was about 50/50 day traders and slightly homeless looking people. I was the youngest by at least 20 years. So far this Lost party seemed to have lost me.

As Kiera arrived and surveyed the scene we tried using one of her new I-phone apps that allows you to take several pictures with anyone noticing because it looks like you are talking on your phone. Needless to say it was not quite accurately capturing the crowd so too bad for you all no pictures of this said crowd.

As 7pm neared a couple of Losties showed up, the first equally as confused as us to what this is all about in her mid to late 30s. She was one of those people who always tries to start up conversations with people they don't know. The second a super dork for the ages and clearly a repeat offender of this event. The crowd was looking grim and not at all as described in the metromix review. People continued to trickle in as we were forced to watch dancing with the stars in surround sound and in walked the king dork with his super sweet "Bolt", yes the Disney dog, shirt. The only possible way this could get better is if the table next too us reserved for 6 guys who "can't speak English but can read it" was some quorum of hot dutch supermodels. No such luck, they weren't bad looking, but not good looking (we were still the hottest things in the whole bar) and they were Russian.

Finally Lost started and man was it a good one, love that Desmond. And lucky for these jokers they stayed quiet the whole time so I didn't have to beat anyone. 4 beers and turkey sliders later it was over and Kiera and I walked home. Needless to say we won't be repeat customers.


No comments: