Friday, April 2, 2010

So you thought I forgot did you...

Well I almost did but have now fear, I am here to blog you into boredom.

Last night I once again went out for some adult beverages with girl friends from work, only this time we stayed classy and went to a great river north Irish bar called The Kerryman. Lucky for us (and them) the beer special was too good to pass up. So we stayed, we drank, we judged girls going to Manor on a Thursday night looking like 10 cent hookers. Our waiter, who I called River due to his resemblance to the late actor River Phoenix, was a peach! Cute and chivalrous, he saved me from a near epic fall. Classic.

This afternoon we went to our new favorite Friday lunch spot Mafia Salads. No it's not really called Mafia salads we just call it that because it looks like it's front for some seedy extra curricular activities. Needless to say they make great salads, or if you are me a delicious "Grown Up" grilled cheese. We proceeded to people watch and I explained my mother's tendency to make up back stories for people she is people watching. For example, when we were kids and my parent would take us to Royals or Chiefs games my mom would tell us that all the concessions people were actually families and that the O'Riley family used to be the beer people but then they all had a drinking problem so now they are on peanut duty. And this explains why I grew up to be such a people watching enthusiast and can make up a back story for my fake alter-ego when out and about on town in moments.

We also discussed sibling fights and how entertaining they are especially as you age. We all agreed that the pinch and twist or the leg hair pull are the only way to combat older brothers and that we still get in silly fights with our siblings to this day. My older brother Joe and I got in to a fight a couple years ago (he was probably 23 and I was 21) over the remote and like the adults we were at the time I ran away with the remote with him in hot pursuit (mind you there is a tv in every damn room of my parents house.) Forgetting that my mom had just had the carpets cleaned we sailed through the living room in socked feet and proceed to continue on into the kitchen and boom, flat backed, cut to the both of us lying on the kitchen floor the remote in pieces. Needless to say I don't think siblings ever grow up.

Today its out to dinner with Emily and Kiera and then tomorrow I am out to Naperthrill to hang with my cousin and her kids one last time for Chicago Easter. There is no doubt hilarity will ensue.


No comments: